martes, 15 de julio de 2014

Akuarela

We went out as a group on Saturday and it was so stressful! They don´t really do receipts here at restaurants and they don´t like splitting checks either. So going out in a group of 8 people that all want individual receipts so that can get reimbursed from the university, is a spanish restaurant´s nightmare. We had indian food and it was good, I had vegetable Biryani which was spicy so it was a nice change since spanish food isn´t spicy at all. Saturday night was really fun. We walked to this beach bar called Akuarela Playa that everyone said was super fun. There were huge lines everywhere to get in and the parking lots were full of people basically tailgating!? Then there´s this plaza area right before the sand starts that everyone was hanging out at. We hung out there and bought drinks off people selling them out of their coolers lol. Then people tried to sell us fake tickets to get into the club. It was crazy. The bouncers were asking the girls in front of us all these questions about their IDs and it was taking a long time so i guess they were fake since he didn´t let them in. Then he took one look at ours and said "Oh nice Texas!" and then let us all in. The place was huge and had a bunch of different levels with different types of music. We ordered the shots that were on special and we realized why they were! It was like a liquer or like wine?? They really don´t like shots over here. It didn´t even taste like alcohol and was so sweet. We started dancing and then ran into italian guys we met the night before so we hung out with them for a while. I think I´m learning spanish with an Italian accent because all the people we meet are italian! Anyways the place was packed! They had people walking around on stilts and entertainers like that so it reminded me of Vegas. The venue was so beautiful with palm trees and a bunch of lights but I couldn´t get a good picture that showed it.
Sunday night was the final world cup game so we went to a little place on our street to watch it. It was fun but we had to go to sleep for work so we came back early. All the people cheering and yelling ALAMANIAAAAA later woke us up though! Monday was pretty uneventful. We keep having problems with our bus tickets and it´s getting really frustrating but I keep reminding myself that I´m in Spain so I shouldn´t complain. I actually keep forgetting that I´m here since I don´t really feel like I´m on the other side of the world. The first week went by really fast so I´m sure the last 4 will too! My friends Zack and Zak got here last night and they´ll be here for three days so hopefully I´ll finally do some sight seeing. I´m gonna try to stop taking siestas! I can´t sleep my life away here. I finally feel like my sleep schedule is adjusting to spain time. This weekend we´re going to Benicassim (a city an hour away) for a music festival then next weekend we´re going to Barcelona.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario