lunes, 28 de julio de 2014

Barcelona

Well Friday we left from AIDICO and headed to Barcelona for the weekend. It was about a three hour drive so it wasn't too bad especially since the view was really nice. Lots of mountains and the ocean. We got to the hotel and the concierge was a total asshole but we're kinda used to the customer service here by now. He tried to rip us off with the parking and then lied to us too! Then we go out and start exploring. It was all so pretty. We went down this big walkway and there were so many street performers and cool things to look at.

They have cute recycling bins! 

Then we walked back to the hotel and got some tequila and fanta. We stopped to get something to eat and they surprising let us make our own drinks.
Then me and Kavitha and Ariel went to walk down Las Ramblas to check out the night life. OMG so many people trying to scam you. We kinda got scammed but it wasn't that much of a rip off. We paid 10€ a piece for three drinks and a bus to these clubs. But then we went to get the drinks and it was only disgusting cheap drinks. We decided to make a big deal about it since we've been ripped of so much here. And it worked we finally got our way. The guys at the clubs were so annoying and pushy. It was funny When I met them he said "hey have you ever met an American?!" Because his friend was from Cali. And I just laughed and was like sorry you picked the wrong girl to use that pick up line on. But it was all down hill after that and I actually yelled at one of them out because he was being so obnoxious. Then he told me I can't tell at him like that because I'm in Barcelona now. But there's a difference betweent cultural differences and people just being assholes. We ditched them and hung out on the beach some then went home. 

The next day I ate at this cafe and it was really good and the waitress was soo nice! She was Italian and so sweet to us. I had xurros (churros) they were so good! Then we went to Parc Güel which was so beautiful. The walk was rough my calves are still sore!! It was such a steep hill and so many steps but once we made it to the top it was worth it! We could see the whole city and the ocean and the mountains. Then on our way back to the hotel we stopped at this little shop snd had a really good tuna empanada and kiwi melon juice! Then we went to las Ramblas again and shopped around. I finally found some cute and comfy sandals. Then we went to get a bite to eat and omg it was so weird. 

So we saw a sign that said 12€ for two tapas and paella so we thought that was a good deal and went in. We weren't super hungry so we just wanted to share one order. Well the guy acted like we were insane for asking that. He told us we weren't allowed to and it was against the rules here. Finally we argued with him enough and I noticed the guys next to is were sharing so he let us order only 2 intead of 3 orders. It was so ridiculous. The guys next to us were Spanish so they probably thought they could rip Df the tourists. We got seafood paella and I think I'm done with the seafood for now. lol I've tried to have an open mind about it. I don't think they even gave us sangria either it was really strong I think it was a mixed drink. 




Snuck past the rail for a better pic




We went out again and got into the club for free so it was really nice. Then we hung out on the beach with these two French guys. It was so much fun. They weren't trying to hit on us just have a nice convo! It was so fun talking in English/Spanish/French with them. They didn't even try to befriend us on Facebook or anything. Just accepted that we had a cool hour convo and we'll probably never see eachother again. 

Were going to France next week and we asked if people are gonna hate us for being Americans that don't know French and he just laughed and said at least you guys are pretty but yeah. 

The last day we were exhausted! But we kept going and rode the metro to see the cathedral. My metro card got chewed up in the machine the night before so I had to sneak in! It was kinda scary Sneaking into the subway in a foreign country. But I had my card as proof so I would have been fine. On the way back there was actually an attendant there so she gave me a new one. But both the cathedrals were so beautiful! All the buildings here are. Then we got a ride in a pedicab with a cute Romanian guy! Or maybe German we don't know lol since he may have said Alamania. Anyways he was really nice and it was a really cute ride down the beach.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario